First Aid/CPR/AED Certified Training | 7/15
Archbright's Seattle Office
In-Person ClassNumber of Seats Available: 5
Washington Industrial Safety & Health Act and Washington State Department of Labor Industries WAC 296-800-15005 states that employers must ensure adequately trained personnel are available in the event a medical emergency occurs in the workplace. To assist employers in meeting this requirement, our First Aid/CPR/AED Certified Training is a one-day course that certifies attendees in basic first aid and CPR. We certify you in the operation of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and provide you with the knowledge, skills, and background to effectively recognize an emergency and take appropriate action.
NOTE: To maintain state-recognized certification, you must attend a four-hour recertification course every two years.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify two methods to assure scene safety for a rescuer.
- Demonstrate two methods of positioning a victim to provide a clear breathing passage.
- Identify and demonstrate two methods to control external bleeding.
- Describe the signs of cardiac arrest and demonstrate CPR on a mannequin.
- Explain the danger of moving a spinal injury victim and demonstrate spinal stabilization.
- Identify three basic actions to take when assisting victims of a medical emergency.
- Demonstrate proper AED placement and use for a victim of cardiac arrest.
Course Length: 6 hours
THIS CLASS IS IN-PERSON!
Class Location: Georgetown Office, 5601 6th Ave S, Suite 400, Seattle, 98108
Parking: Our office has a garage, however, garage parking is limited and on a first come first served basis. When you arrive, obtain a ticket from the gate. Please park in a numbered spot, not in a spot marked Visitor or Reserved. Bring your ticket with you.
Head up to Archbright’s office on the 4th floor (details below) and give your ticket to the front desk to validate your parking. There is street parking available should there not be spots still available in the garage.
Please note: spots marked VISITOR are 90 minutes only. If you park in the garage without validating your parking at Archbright’s front desk, you may be ticketed.
Getting to Archbright – Suite 400
Please enter the building by way of S. Orcas Street and take the elevator to the Lobby. Turn right out of the elevator and take the next elevator you come to, to the 4th Floor. Archbright will be right there when you exit the elevator. Another entrance to the building is on 6th Ave. S. If you enter here, take the elevator to the 4th floor. Take a right and then a left into the main hallway. Follow the hallway until you get to Archbright.
Doors open at 8 am. After checking in at the kiosk located outside our suite, please come inside, help yourself to some coffee, and relax in our Co-Working Lounge.
To help keep all participants and instructors safe, we require the following safety measures:
Wearing a mask is optional.
To enter our offices, you must be able to respond “NO” to the following 4 questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days, or are you awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
- Within the last 5 days, have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with anyone who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Within the past 5 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
- Are you currently experiencing any of the following symptoms that are new or unexpected?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you answer yes to the any of the questions #1 through #4, even if you believe symptoms are a cold or allergies, DO NOT ENTER the Archbright offices.
If you have concerns or questions about these requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to cancel your registration and receive a refund, we must be notified at least 2 business days before your scheduled class. For cancellations received less than 2 business days of the class date, and for participants who fail to attend the class, no refund will be issued. Please call our Member Services Team to process your cancellation at 206.329.1120 or 509.381.1635.
Silver and Gold members using their credit code must cancel at least 2 business days before the class date to have their credit reinstated.