2022_Management Fundamentals | 8/2, 8/3, & 8/4
Archbright's Seattle Office
In-Person ClassNumber of Seats Available: 20
This class is designed for managers in professional services, technology, finance, and insurance organizations, as well as other industries with a similar workforce.
Gallup reports that 1 in 2 employees have left their job to get away from their manager, and that 70% of the variance between high and low employee engagement is caused by managers.
The good news is that managers can dramatically boost their effectiveness through the use of consistent models for everyday management activities.
And since repeated practice of a skill significantly improves its retention and on the job application, Management Fundamentals includes structured activities where participants actively practice the skills they gain during the class.
Through real-world case studies, group discussions, and break-out sessions, attendees will share this experience with managers from similar work environments.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Improve communication with employees at all levels of the organization
- Give objective, results-based feedback
- Improve substandard performance and retain high performers through coaching
- Increase quantity and quality of work completed through delegation
- Promote employee fairness and company protection with thorough documentation
- Foster teamwork and make effective decisions as a team
NOTE: Management Fundamentals is based on our most popular class Supervisory Skills and overlaps with the following standalone classes: Leadworker Effectiveness, Feedback for Success, Coaching for Success, Delegating and Setting Expectations, and Discipline and Documentation.
Course Length: 18 Hours (3 Days)
THIS CLASS IS IN-PERSON!
Class Location: Georgetown Office, 5601 6th Ave S, Suite 400, Seattle, 98108
Parking: Our office has a garage, however, garage parking is limited and on a first come first served basis. When you arrive, obtain a ticket from the gate. Please park in a numbered spot, not in a spot marked Visitor or Reserved. Bring your ticket with you.
Head up to Archbright’s office on the 4th floor (details below) and give your ticket to the front desk to validate your parking. There is street parking available should there not be spots still available in the garage.
Please note: spots marked VISITOR are 90 minutes only. If you park in the garage without validating your parking at Archbright’s front desk, you may be ticketed.
Getting to Archbright – Suite 400
Please enter the building by way of S. Orcas Street and take the elevator to the Lobby. Turn right out of the elevator and take the next elevator you come to, to the 4th Floor. Archbright will be right there when you exit the elevator. Another entrance to the building is on 6th Ave. S. If you enter here, take the elevator to the 4th floor. Take a right and then a left into the main hallway. Follow the hallway until you get to Archbright.
Doors open at 8 am. After checking in at the kiosk located outside our suite, please come inside, help yourself to some coffee, and relax in our Co-Working Lounge.
To help keep all participants and instructors safe, we require the following safety measures:
Wearing a mask is optional.
To enter our offices, you must be able to respond “NO” to the following 4 questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days, or are you awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
- Within the last 5 days, have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with anyone who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Within the past 5 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
- Are you currently experiencing any of the following symptoms that are new or unexpected?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you answer yes to the any of the questions #1 through #4, even if you believe symptoms are a cold or allergies, DO NOT ENTER the Archbright offices.
If you have concerns or questions about these requirements, please contact email@example.com.
If you wish to cancel your registration and receive a refund, we must be notified at least 2 business days before your scheduled class. For cancellations received less than 2 business days of the class date, and for participants who fail to attend the class, no refund will be issued. Please call our Member Services Team to process your cancellation at 206.329.1120 or 509.381.1635.
Silver and Gold members using their credit code must cancel at least 2 business days before the class date to have their credit reinstated.