Any employer who uses paint, anti-freeze, non-recycled oil, solvents, parts-washing solvent, plating solutions, laboratory chemicals, inks, dry-cleaning solvents, glues, adhesives, or any material that is a hazardous waste must provide a program of classroom instruction or on-the-job training for facility personnel.
Dealing with Hazardous Waste meets this annual requirement and covers the basics of proper handling, storage, and disposal of dangerous waste to ensure your facility’s compliance with chapter 173-303 WAC. You may bring copies of manifests or annual reports to ask specific questions of the instructor.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a process for determining if a waste is a dangerous/hazardous waste
- Complete a dangerous waste label
- Demonstrate proper management of dangerous waste containers
- Identify emergency response preparation steps
- Explain the preparation for transportation and the use of the uniform hazardous waste manifesting
- Demonstrate preventive maintenance procedures and spill containment practices
This program is designed for:
Safety and Environmental Professionals
7 hours (1 day)
Type of Delivery:
Upcoming Class Dates:
This class is not currently scheduled.