People from many different backgrounds and experiences
arrive in the workplace expecting success for themselves and the organization. When this diversity is valued and leveraged, organizations have better outcomes with retention, morale, productivity, customer service, and profitability.
This session focuses on understanding diversity and inclusion—what do these terms mean in the workplace? Participants will learn to recognize different types of exclusion and will practice several communication skills to create a more inclusive environment.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the characteristics that make up diversity.
- Talk more comfortably about differences.
- Decrease conscious and accidental exclusion.
- Create an inclusive workplace.
- Resolve misunderstandings related to diversity.
This program is designed for:
Type of Delivery:
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.