Specific, timely, and actionable feedback improves workplace performance and working relationships. However, supervisors and managers often hesitate to give corrective feedback for fear of demotivating their team members.
Employees must receive regular, constructive feedback in order to correct performance problems. In Feedback for Success, participants will learn an objective, fact-based model to improve substandard performance that minimizes the employee’s defensiveness. Participants will also learn a model for giving feedback to employees who are meeting and exceeding standards to further engage and motivate them.
Note: Feedback for Success is offered as a stand-alone class, overlaps somewhat with Leadworker Effectiveness, and is one module in our 3-day Supervisory Skills course.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable feedback to employees
- Reduce employee defensiveness by describing performance in fact-based language
- Acknowledge high performers using a three-step feedback model
- Improve substandard performance using a five-step feedback model
- Respond effectively when an employee withdraws, rebuts, or blames others after receiving feedback
This program is designed for:
Supervisors and Managers
Type of Delivery:
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.