The older a company gets, the more records it is required to generate and retain. Unfortunately, many employers are unaware of when and why records should be created, what records must be retained, and where and how they must be stored.
This course will help you find a balance between efficient administration and complying with all the legal requirements where an employer is held accountable.
Note: HR Records is offered as a stand-alone class and is also one module in our 2-day HR Fundamentals course.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Conduct an audit of their record retention process
- Understand the different legal requirements for storage of employee information, including medical and immigration information
- Determine when to shred personnel records or other information related to employees
- Understand requirements related to retention of job applications
- Prepare a record retention policy
This program is designed for:
Type of Delivery:
Virtual and In-Person